Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Running LEDs  (Read 5348 times)

Suryansh

Running LEDs
« on: October 02, 2011, 10:50:59 AM »
Hi....Sir nice to have u as a Electronics_Helper..thanx 4 ur help....evry 1 liked my Project....
I want to use running leds in my Dance...which on pressing a push button just once ,will go from my shoes to my cap(ie.,4m bottom to the top).......so I need a simplest ruuning leds circuit bcoz I want to make it for my whole group.....Sooo!!! wuld u plz provide me with the same......
Thanx in advance
 :)
Srry for posting in wrong Forum.....

kam

• Administrator
Re: Running LEDs
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 23:21:16 PM »
if you want to drive up to 10 leds, this is simple. otherwise it will not be that simple and a microcontroller might help. For 10 leds, a CD4017 and a 555 timer is enough. Check my electronic dice circuit. But for more, you need to use a microcontroller and charlieplexing to have many leds.

Suryansh

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 21:01:04 PM »
the idea is expressed in the attached diagram and theres a push button or piezo sensor underneath my shoe so wen I tap it once the LEDs run from bottom to top in the sequence as numbered in diagram

Suryansh

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 16:07:55 PM »
1.Can i use AVR to do this????

2.Can I use AVR instead of a PIC programmer for doing your microcontoller projects??

_pike

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 00:35:00 AM »
Why do you want to use mcu?Kam told you that you can use a 555 chip (To generate the pulses) and a 4017 chip (Decoder to measure the pulses and on each pulse to trigger an output) simple electronics without messing with programmers, debuggers, flow programm and so on....Visit this link    http://pcbheaven.com/circuitpages/Electronic_Dice/    and if you have any questions of how to modify the circuit to your needs,here we are......... ;)

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 08:10:07 AM »
Why do you want to use mcu?Kam told you that you can use a 555 chip (To generate the pulses) and a 4017 chip (Decoder to measure the pulses and on each pulse to trigger an output) simple electronics without messing with programmers, debuggers, flow programm and so on....Visit this link    http://pcbheaven.com/circuitpages/Electronic_Dice/    and if you have any questions of how to modify the circuit to your needs,here we are......... ;)

Yes you can use an AVR, but you cannot make all my PIC projects with an AVR

Suryansh

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 16:11:27 PM »
@ pike
He said so but for not more than 10 LEDs and as shown in my diagram i m using 6 pairs of 20 Leds???? !!!!!!!!

Suryansh

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 17:42:38 PM »
I get ur point,but Sir in my case I want a circuit that on pushing a button just one time...generates the whole sequence i.e., from 1-6........and then stop.
And by ur electronic dice ckt i have to push that button 6 different times to glow all the six levels i.e.,(press=>1,press again=>2,press=>3,press=>4,press=>5,press=>6) according to my diagram.
I Hope I have made myself clear.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So is it possible without ucontroller.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 22:00:26 PM »
in that case, although it IS still possible without a microcontroller, i would not recommend it. You can make an one-shot to control an oscillator enabled for 8 (or 10) counts.

Suryansh

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 15:43:46 PM »
?????
I didnt get u Sir????

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 16:08:47 PM »
The circuit you want to make, can be done either with a microcontroller (arduino for example) or with simple digital chips, like 555, cmos ttl etc. I do not recommend you make it with simple chips, better do it with a microcontroller. This is what i said before.

_pike

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 23:54:19 PM »
Suryansh if i make you a programm with a pic microcontroller to do what you want,can you programm the chip? do you have a programmer???

Suryansh

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 10:41:44 AM »
That wuld b gr8 but at present i dont have any of them but yes I m going to get it in December
BUT ITS AVR and not the PIC one....so.....!!!!

also it wuld b gr8 if u guide me for information about AVR ,although I m learning AVR from net

_pike

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 00:09:13 AM »
I can't help you with avr microcontrollers....I have chosen and learning pic microcontroller so if you are instrested of building a project with pic let me know.......Or someone else who knows about programming avr can help you....

cheerio

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 21:51:19 PM »
What you are trying to do is so simple, i think a tiny13 + a shift register can do the whole job.
Just ask in this thread and i will answer.